Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fingers off the keys

So I just came back from being with an IT guy for almost 2 hours. For those of you who might be wondering if IT is a generic name for someone the answer is no. For those of you who might be thinking that I have been watching too much Adams Family (Cousin It), the answer again is no. In fact I was always more of a Munsters kind of guy.

So back to the story. I was with this Internet Technician (IT) because we have been trying to get sermons uploaded to the church website, www.fc7.org, and have been unable to do so. For the life of me I as well as others more tech savvy than I had a hard time figuring it out also. So here is where Kyle the IT guy comes in.

Our website needed its "embedded" code rearranged. Now when he said that to me all I could think about is, "Man that's got to hurt!"

He of course being an IT guy/expert, says to me, "No need to worry, I'll take care of it". For the next 35 minutes I sat in a really nice leather, reclining, high back, super padded conference chair and rocked back and forth. After a bit I did start to get a bit nauseous, so I moved on to more skilled forms of wasting time.

I then took my pen and with my head leaned the whole way back attempted to balance it on the bridge of my nose. I must say that I achieve this in short time, so on to the next. I now tried to balance it on the bridge of my nose but with my head in full forward position, now this was a challenge!

Kyle, the IT guy sat right next to me typing away in his own special little code things. t2><>%@)9why?!2is>/this<#guy/-doing{^balancing\#apen&$on\#his*)(nose?

I watched as he went from screen to screen, box to box, line by line, clicking, adding, subtracting symbols and letters as if they were written out in plain English. Every now and then I would reach over to touch the keys and he would calmly ask me to remove my fingers from the keys and leave the work to eh professional, (show off!)

To me just a bunch of jumbled nonsense.

I was reminded of something, here we are, humans thinking that we have our lives all figured out and we know what’s best for us. Yet what we fail to see or acknowledge is the fact that our internal code needs to be rearranged by the One who made us. Scripture says that "He knitted us together in our mother's womb", He formed us by His hands. Not a single one of us are here by mistake even though there are many times we see no sense of why we are here. Yet, God knows us and He knows how to bring us back to the place that our embedded code is up for the plans He has for us. Always remember He can only do as much as we allow Him to.


No comments:

Post a Comment